Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Extra Money

I have decided that until I am in a financial place to turn down making extra money I will accept most opportunities to make extra money that come my way.

Since moving to St. Louis I have done a few jobs that make some extra un-planned money. You could call it the drinking money, or the odd bill that comes up that you need to pay off money.

I have done things from dog walking, and watching, to working on turning over an apartment that a friend manages so a new tenant can move in, to catering which I am doing currently.

I got hooked up with catering because friends of ours live across the street from this woman who rocks and who owns a great catering business here, and has for like 15 years called La Chef.

I have not worked actually on my feet for more than 8 hours since I managed a small restaurant in NY. I miss it and I hate it. Standing and running trays of food is hard and wonderful. My body feels alive, and I feel my back ach. I get to eat a shift meal of great catered food and hang out with other cool people including my husband; all who are just trying to make some extra money too. And the best part is that now that I am married I am not even worried about meeting cute boys that I am serving. I just do my job, make it through and walk out the door with a check.

I think that this could be the answer to how to make our savings grow.

No comments: