Thursday, December 13, 2007

Ice cream

What I miss the most about Boston is all the amazing Ice Cream places. They really out do themselves there.

I miss Emack and Bolio's.


I also miss White Mountain Creamery


and JP Licks.


And Herrell's


And Friendley's.


I am on the lookout for non chain IceCream Stores in the St. Louis Area.
I found Crown Candy Kitchen in St. Louis City

and that's a 50 style diner unchanged and still serving soda shop food, including malts and sunday's.

What I want is a non chain (or if it's chain it has to be fresh made) Ice Cream place, where the Vanilla tastes fresh and like Vanilla beany, and you know that there is a family behind the doors making the ice cream fresh.

I don't want Maggie Moo's, or Cold Stone Creamery, Or Ben and Jerry's. I want a store that there's only one of and a place that's still open in the winter for crazy people like me who really love to eat cold things when it's cold outside!

4 comments:

REY said...

Hey lady. Have you ever tried making your own ice cream? Its only slightly pain-in-the-ass-y, but more than makes up for the trouble with its amazing deliciousness. And you can do whatever flavors your heart desires! I've got some good recipes if you're interested.

Anonymous said...

If you take a trip to Springfield you will find Emack & Bolio's there. We'll have all those award winning flavors you miss too!
Steve
Emack & Bolio's
Springfield, Mo.

Laura said...

I grew up in Wellesley mass, and there used to be an Emack and Bolios right down the street from me and it has since closed but since then it has been my favorite place! I will def go to springfield and check it out!

Annie said...

Have you had the STL institution known as Ted Drewes? Don't waste your time at Mr. Wizards.